St. Louis Cardinals at Atlanta Braves MLB Pick
Starting Pitchers: Starting Pitchers: St. Louis (Lance Lynn) vs. Atlanta (Tommy Hanson)
Date/Time: May 28, 1:10 PM EST
Television: MLB Network
MLB Odds from BookMaker
Moneyline: Moneyline: Atlanta (-120), St. Louis (+100)
MLB Betting Game Trends
St. Louis Cardinals
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of St. Louis’s last 5 games
- St. Louis is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of St. Louis’s last 5 games when playing Atlanta
- St. Louis is 10-5 SU in its last 15 games when playing on the road against Atlanta
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of St. Louis’s last 7 games when playing on the road against Atlanta
- Atlanta is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Atlanta’s last 6 games at home
- Atlanta is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Atlanta’s last 5 games when playing St. Louis
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Atlanta’s last 7 games when playing at home against St. Louis
The St. Louis Cardinals just ended a three-game skid and will try to take advantage of a tired and skidding Atlanta Braves team when they visit them in the series opener of a three-game set on Monday. The defending World Series champion Cardinals (26-22) avoided being swept by the Philadelphia Phillies by winning the fourth consecutive game between the teams 8-3 on Sunday Meanwhile, the Braves (26-23) will be playing for the 18th straight day and have gone 7-10 in their last 17, including seven straight losses.
St. Louis will send second-year pitcher Lance Lynn (7-1, 2.54 ERA) to the mound for the 10th time in his first full year as a starter. Lynn’s previous nine outings have gone very well, as the Cards are 7-2 with him on the mound. However, they have lost in two of his past three trips to the mound in which his ERA has risen from 1.40 to 2.54.
One of those losses came against the Braves, who scored three runs off him in six innings of a 7-4 victory back on May 13. Lynn got the decision in that one, which remains his lone setback of the season. He has pitched exceptional on the road so far this year though, going 4-0 in five starts with a sparkling 1.93 ERA.
Atlanta will counter with Tommy Hanson (5-3, 3.12), who will be making his first start at home since May 2 against the Phillies when he gave up four runs and eight hits in 3.2 innings of an eventual 15-13 win. He has made only three starts at home overall this season, going 1-1 with a 4.86 ERA.
In his last four starts since that last home appearance, Hanson has gone 2-1 in four outings and allowed two runs or less each time. One of the two wins came at St. Louis on May 13 when he surrendered just one run and five hits in five innings of a 7-4 victory, walking three and striking out a season-high nine batters.
The Braves have struggled to score runs lately, totaling four or less in their last eight games. However, they had no such problem when they swept the Cardinals in three games on the road earlier this month, averaging nearly eight runs. Atlanta is long overdue to snap its season-high skid, and St. Louis is just the opponent to bust the slump, especially in this particular situation.
Free Baseball Pick: Atlanta Braves -120
Latest posts by Vegas Matty (see all)
- Wichita State vs Ohio State NCAA Tournament Pick - March 29, 2013
- Arizona vs Ohio State March Madness Pick - March 27, 2013
- La Salle vs Wichita State Basketball Pick - March 27, 2013
- Mississippi Rebels vs La Salle Explorers NCAA Basketball Pick - March 23, 2013
- Iowa St vs Ohio St NCAA Tournament Pick - March 23, 2013