St. Louis Cardinals @ New York Mets Free MLB Pick
Starting Pitchers: St. Louis Cardinals (Lohse) vs. New York Mets (Gee)
Date/Time: June 4th, 1:10 PM EST
Television: MLB Network
MLB Betting Odds from Bookmaker
Moneyline: Cardinals (-130) Mets (+115)
MLB Betting Game Trends
St. Louis Cardinals
- St. Louis is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of St. Louis’s last 11 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of St. Louis’s last 7 games on the road
- St. Louis is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of St. Louis’s last 6 games when playing NY Mets
New York Mets
- NY Mets are 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 17 of NY Mets’s last 25 games
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of NY Mets’s last 13 games at home
- NY Mets are 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Mets’s last 6 games when playing St. Louis
The New York Mets are now tied atop the NL East standings, and they are going to try to beat the MLB betting lines in a Monday afternoon clash in the Big Apple against the slowly sliding St. Louis Cardinals.
Yesterday, we spoke about just how poorly the Cardinals were playing offensively, and they still really haven’t been able to mount any offensive whatsoever. They scored just one run on Sunday, and that is the only run that they have to show for their first three games here in New York, and you can bet that they cannot wait to get on the airplane once this one is over with. A bullpen that has been used and abused lately is probably going to get some more work with Kyle Lohse on the mound on Monday. Lohse has led the Redbirds to three straight defeats, and in that stretch, he has allowed 26 hits and 11 runs in just 17.0 innings of work. For the year though, Lohse has gotten relatively lucky, going 5-1 with a 3.36 ERA. His WHIP is low at 1.21 in spite of the fact that batters are hitting a relatively lofty .273 against him for the campaign.
Break up the Mets! The fantastic weekend for this pitching staff just seems to continue after another gem of a game on Sunday Night Baseball last night by Jonathon Niese. Now, it Dillon Gee’s turn, and he hopes to continue his relatively hot streak. The numbers for Gee this year are all over the place. On the plus side, he does have 57 strikeouts against just 17 walks in 63.1 innings of work, meaning he is averaging over six innings per start. On the flip side though, he has struggled again with the home run ball, allowing eight already this year, and he has just a 4-3 record and a 4.69 ERA. Gee has pitched well in these last three starts though, going 2-0 with just six runs allowed. He logged a quality start in all three outings, and he has 20 strikeouts against eight walks in that stretch. Gee has only faced the Cards once in his career, and he got the win by throwing seven innings and conceding just two runs last year.
We are most certainly in a New York state of mind right now. The Mets are just playing out of this world, and though the Cards would love to at least get out of this series with a win, we think that the boys in the Big Apple are going to get into first place in the NL East all by their lonesome on Monday afternoon in what should be a great clash.
St. Louis Cardinals @ New York Mets Pick: New York Mets +115
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- NFL Pick of the Week – 2013 Week 14 - December 4, 2013
- NBA Pick: San Antonio Spurs vs. Minnesota Timberwolves - December 4, 2013
- NHL Pick: Philadelphia Flyers vs. Detroit Red Wings - December 4, 2013
- NHL Puck-Line Power Poll as of 12/4/13 - December 4, 2013
- Week 14 NFL Odds Analysis - December 4, 2013