Syracuse Orange vs. UConn Huskies Pick
Syracuse Orange vs. UConn Huskies Basketball Pick
Date/Time: Wednesday February 13, 7:00 pm EST
College Basketball Odds from Bookmaker
Point Spread: Syracuse -4
Basketball Betting Game Trends
- Syracuse is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Connecticut
- Syracuse is 4-9 ATS in its last 13 games when playing on the road against Connecticut
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Syracuse’s last 6 games on the road
- Syracuse is 16-3 SU in its last 19 games on the road
- Syracuse is 3-6-1 ATS in its last 10 games on the road
- Connecticut is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Syracuse
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Connecticut’s last 6 games
- Connecticut is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing Syracuse
- Connecticut is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games at home
- Connecticut is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
NCAA Basketball Pick
The Big East already looks a little different than it used to, and it is going to look a whole lot different in a year or two. For the time being though, there are still some very good matchups. Syracuse already beat Louisville on the road, and the Orange will be looking to take down Connecticut on the road on Wednesday night in front of a national television audience on ESPN.
Syracuse is 20-3 overall this year, and they are 8-2 in the Big East. The Orange sit half a game ahead of Georgetown and Marquette in the Big East standings. Louisville was the preseason favorite, and they are 1.5 games back at 7-4. Syracuse has a lot of young players on this year’s team, but these guys have grown up quickly. Michael Carter-Williams has become one of the most electrifying point guards in the country. He leads the team with 196 assists. Carter-Williams shoots only 37% from the floor, so he still needs to work on his shot. Brandon Triche leads the team in scoring at 14.6 points per game.
Syracuse got a big boost last week when James Southerland was ruled eligible to play once again. Southerland is the team’s most consistent outside shooter, and he averages 13.6 points per game. The patented zone of Syracuse has been difficult for opponents once again this year. The Orange seem to always have long and athletic wings that make it really difficult to shoot over this zone. Opponents are shooting just 36.6% from the floor, and they are only hitting 28.1% from long range.
Not many people expected Connecticut to have much success this year, so this season has to be seen as a big positive for Kevin Ollie’s team. After Jim Calhoun left at the end of last year, Ollie was said to have far less talent than normal for this UConn program. He has clearly done a very nice job with the talent he has. The UConn backcourt is very talented, and it starts with junior Shabazz Napier. Napier leads the team in scoring at 17.2 points per game. Napier is knocking down 40% of his three-point shots. Ryan Boatright is only a sophomore, but he is putting up 15 points per game from the backcourt as well. The frontcourt is where UConn isn’t nearly as skilled as they normally are. UConn doesn’t have a real low-post presence, and that can hurt the Huskies against the top teams in the nation.
UConn’s backcourt is supremely talented, but there do seem to be times where Napier and Boatright don’t give 100 percent on both ends of the floor. This is something that Kevin Ollie is working on, and both of them seem to be improving quite a bit. Defensively, the Huskies are allowing 65.2 points per game. They’ll have their hands full on the boards in this game.
Both of these offenses have been producing pretty well of late, and this number is set pretty low. I like these teams to get over the posted total.
Syracuse 73 UConn 67
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/17 and 4/18 - April 19, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/14 and 4/15 - April 14, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/10 and 4/11 - April 10, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/7 - April 7, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting April 4 - April 4, 2014