TBS Sunday Baseball Pick: New York @ New York
Starting Pitchers: New York Mets (Niese) vs. New York Yankees (Pettitte)
Date/Time: June 10th, 1:10 PM EST
MLB Betting Odds from Vietbet
Moneyline: Mets (+165) Yankees (-175)
MLB Betting Game Trends
New York Mets
- NY Mets are 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Mets’s last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 19 of NY Mets’s last 25 games on the road
- NY Mets are 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Mets’s last 5 games when playing NY Yankees
New York Yankees
- NY Yankees are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 15 of NY Yankees’s last 21 games at home
- NY Yankees are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games when playing NY Mets
New York, New York, it’s a hell of a town. And on Sunday, MLB betting action is going to be on fire in the Bronx, as the New York Yankees take on the New York Mets.
The Mets haven’t played well in this series, getting beaten in both of the first two games. That being said, they have the potential to get the job done against anyone in the game if they can get their pitching together. Jonathon Niese is going to be on the bump on Sunday, and he is coming off of one of the best performances in his entire career. Niese threw six scoreless innings and allowed six hits and a walk, striking out 10. It improved the lefty to 4-2, and his ERA dropped to 4.11. The good news for Niese is that batters are hitting just .232 against him this year. The bad news is that his WHIP is 1.30 thanks to his 26 walks that have already been issued this year. Niese does have a good sum of strikeouts with 61, but he has also allowed nine homers. This is going to be the second time that Niese has faced the Yankees in his career. In that first game, he allowed three runs in six innings, but he ended up taking the loss.
The Bronx Bombers are back in the AL East race right now, and they have to be happy about that. They won another series here against the Mets regardless of how this one pans out. What we are wondering is whether Andy Pettitte is going to be able to get the job done once again. He has 19 starts against the Mets in his career, going 8-5 with a 3.69 ERA. This year though, it has been amazing what this lefty has been able to on his comeback. He is 3-2 in his first starts with a 2.78 ERA and a 1.01 WHIP. He allowed just two hits and two walks in 7.1 scoreless innings against the Tampa Bay Rays. He also struck out 10. In his five starts this year, Pettitte has pitched at least seven innings four times, and he now has three starts with at least eight strikeouts. He has three quality starts in his last four games as well.
It is ridiculous that the Yankees are such remarkable favorites in this fixture. We just don’t believe that Pettitte is back yet, and we think that the Mets might be able to take advantage of him this afternoon. Go with the Mets to at least salvage a game in this series.
New York Mets @ New York Yankees Pick: New York Mets (+165)
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- Mountain West Championship Game Pick: Utah State vs. Fresno State - December 6, 2013
- SEC Championship Game Pick: Missouri vs. Auburn - December 6, 2013
- Pac-12 Championship Game Pick: Stanford vs. Arizona State - December 6, 2013
- NFL Betting: NFL Matchups for Week 14 - December 6, 2013
- NBA Pick: Denver Nuggets vs. Boston Celtics - December 6, 2013