Temple vs. Indiana March Madness Pick
College Basketball Picks
Date/Time: March 24th, 2013 2:45 ET
College Basketball Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Indiana -11.5
Basketball Betting Game Trends
- Temple is 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
- Temple is 17-6-1 ATS in their last 24 Sunday games.
- Temple is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Temple is 2-8 ATS in their last 10 vs. Big Ten.
- Temple is 1-6-1 ATS in their last 8 NCAA Tournament games.
- Indiana is 16-5-1 ATS in their last 22 non-conference games.
- Indiana is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 Sunday games.
- Indiana is 2-5-1 ATS in their last 8 neutral site games.
- Indiana is 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 NCAA Tournament games.
The No. 1 seed in the East Region will be in action on Sunday in NCAA Tournament betting action, as the Indiana Hoosiers will take on the Temple Owls.
The Atlantic 10 had a heck of a first two days of the tourney, as all five of the teams that got into the field advanced. Now, the conference is 6-0 to start off the dance, though most of those teams are underdogs (and in some cases like this, big underdogs) to get bounced out of the field by the end of the weekend. The Owls have a surprisingly balanced team though, and that balance is what kept them going against the NC State Wolfpack, a team that was perceived to be more talented. G Khalif Wyatt scored 31 points, raising his scoring average over 20 points per game this season. Wyatt though, has a thumb injury that could be hampering him as we move onto the weekend. Temple doesn’t have all that many guards to choose from, but there are a slew of forwards that could prove to give fits to the big boys in the middle for the Hoosiers on Sunday.
Indiana didn’t play its best game against the James Madison Dukes on Friday, but it really didn’t have to in order to advance into the weekend. Head Coach Tom Crean has to be looking back at his team’s effort and shake his head, in fact. The Dukes managed nine offensive rebounds and shot a very respectable 41.9 percent against Indiana on Friday. The Hoosiers also only forced 10 turnovers against a team that really should have turned over a whole heck of a lot more. The good news is that there were seven men that scored at least seven points in a very well-rounded effort. Still, it’s going to take more than 11 points from G Victor Oladipo and 11 points and four boards against F Cody Zeller to beat the Owls. Indiana has now failed to cover back to back games after losing to the Wisconsin Badgers in the Big Ten Tournament. And, with the way that the Badgers bowed out of the dance on Friday, there has to be a significantly higher level of concern for the rest of the teams in the Big Ten, including IU.
Though we do think that the Hoosiers are going to find a way to win this game, we also think that this is a huge point spread. Laying 11 ½ is just far too many against a Temple team that has played against a great schedule this year. Remember that the Owls already have a win over the Syracuse Orange this season, and that should give them the confidence to hang around in this game. Indiana 72 – Temple 68
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- NBA Pick: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder - December 13, 2013
- NFL Betting: NFL Matchups for Week 15 - December 12, 2013
- Army vs. Navy Pick - December 12, 2013
- NFL Betting By the Numbers: Week 15 - December 12, 2013
- NBA Pick: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 12, 2013