Tennessee Volunteers vs Georgia Bulldogs Pick
College Football Picks
Date/Time: Saturday, Sept.29 3:30 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Georgia -13
Football Betting Game Trends
- Tennessee is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Tennessee is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- Tennessee is 1-3-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Tennessee is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of Tennessee’s last 13 games on the road
- Georgia is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- Georgia is 14-2 SU in its last 16 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Georgia’s last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Georgia’s last 5 games at home
- Georgia is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games at home
NCAA Football – Week 5
Tennessee jumped out to a fast start with a couple of solid victories over North Carolina State and Georgia State, but was somewhat exposed in a 37-20 loss to Florida as a 3.5-point favorite at home in Week 3. The Volunteers bounced back with a 47-26 win over Akron last Saturday as 31.5-point favorites at home, but as a whole, the jury is still out on just how good this team really is.
Offensively, the Vols’ passing game has been potent with an average of 341.3 yards a game. Tyler Bray has lit things up so far with 1,301 passing yards and 12 touchdowns while completing 65.3 percent of his throws. Rajion Neal has also done a great job running the ball with 356 yards on 80 carries. The primary concern with Tennessee is a defense that is ranked 62nd in the nation in points allowed which has kept some of its games much closer than they should have been.
Georgia appears to be the real deal this season at least through its first four games. The Bulldogs are a perfect 4-0 straight-up (2-2 against the spread) and have racked-up an average of 47.5 points a game while holding their opponents to an average of just 16.5 points. While they have yet to be really tested, they won their first two conference games against Missouri and Vanderbilt by a combined score of 89-23.
The Bulldogs have shown tremendous balance on offense with a passing attack that is averaging 287.5 yards a game to go along with 242.5 yards on the ground. Aaron Murray has thrown for 1,092 yards while completing 66.4 percent of his attempts and Todd Gurley is averaging 9.2 yards a carry every time he touches the ball. He has already rushed for 406 yards with Keith Marshall adding another 264 yards on 42 attempts.
College Football Pick:
There is no denying that both teams bring a wealth of offensive firepower into this matchup, but stick with the Bulldogs to assert themselves as a legitimate contender in the SEC with the likes of Alabama and LSU with a dominating win that easily covers the 13 points. Georgia 42 Tennessee 27
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013