Utah Jazz vs. Denver Nuggets Free Pick
Date/Time: Friday, Nov.9, 10:30 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Denver -5.5
NBA Betting Trends
- Utah is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games when playing on the road against Denver
- Utah is 3-7-1 ATS in its last 11 games when playing on the road against Denver
- Utah is 7-12-2 ATS in its last 21 games when playing Denver
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Utah’s last 9 games when playing on the road against Denver
- Denver is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games when playing at home against Utah
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Denver’s last 9 games when playing at home against Utah
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Denver’s last 15 games when playing Utah
- Denver is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Utah
The new season has been a mixed bag for Utah with a 2-3 start both straight-up and against the spread. The total has gone OVER in three of the five games. The Jazz lost three-straight games on the road after a 113-94 opening-day victory over Dallas as 8.5-point home favorites. They returned home this past Wednesday night to beat the Lakers 95-86 as three-point favorites.
Mo Williams leads the team with 19.8 points and 6.8 assists a game while Al Jefferson is averaging a team-high 10 rebounds a game. Overall, the Jazz have done a great job at spreading the ball around with six different players scoring in double figures to average 97.6 points a game. They are ranked 13th in the NBA in rebounds with an average of 43.2 a game. This type of balance makes Utah a tough out no matter who it plays, but it is going to have to learn how to win on the road to be successful in the long run.
Denver has also gone 2-3 SU to start the season and it is 3-2 ATS. The total has stayed UNDER in three of its first five games. After opening the season with three-straight losses, the Nuggets returned to form with a 109-97 romp over Detroit as 10-point home favorites and an impressive 93-87 victory over Houston this past Wednesday as 2.5-point underdogs on the road.
This is another team that shown excellent balance so far with six different players averaging over 10 points a game with Ty Lawson leading the way with 15.6 points. He also leads the team in assists with an average of 7.4 and Kenneth Faried is pulling down an average of 9.6 rebounds a game. One of the team’s biggest offseason acquisitions was Andre Iguodala, who came over in a trade with Philadelphia. He has made an immediate impact with 14.4 points, 6.4 rebounds, and 3.8 assists.
Utah has covered in just three of its last 11 trips to Denver and has already struggled on the road this season. Stick with the Nuggets extend their winning streak to three by knocking-off its Northwest Division rival at home by more than the 4.5-point spread.
Denver 103 Portland 96
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013