Villanova vs. North Carolina Pick
College Basketball Picks
Date/Time: March 22nd, 7:20 pm ET
College Basketball Odds from UcaBet
Point Spread: North Carolina -4
Basketball Betting Game Trends
- Villanova is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a S.U. loss
- Villanova is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS loss
- Villanova is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600
- Under is 5-0 in Villanova’s last 5 non-conference games
- Under is 4-0 in Villanova’s last 4 NCAA Tournament games
- Over is 4-1 in Villanova’s last 5 overall
North Carolina Tar Heels
- North Carolina is 7-1 ATS in their last 8 Friday games
- North Carolina is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games following a ATS loss
- North Carolina is 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games overall
- Under is 5-0 in North Carolina ‘s last 5 vs. Big East
- Over is 4-0 in North Carolina ‘s last 4 neutral site games
- Over is 4-1 in North Carolina ‘s last 5 non-conference games
The Sprint Center in Kansas City will be the site of what should be a great NCAA Tournament betting battle on Friday night, as the North Carolina Tar Heels take on the Villanova Wildcats.
Many are sleeping on the Wildcats this year, but that’s probably a huge mistake when push comes to shove. Sure, Villanova was destroyed by the Louisville Cardinals in the quarterfinals in the Big East Tournament – Big whoop. It’s not like there aren’t a ton of teams that have been crippled by the Cards this year. Take out that game and go back and look at what else this team has accomplished of late. Villanova went 9-5 to close the regular season in the Big East, and in those five losses include an overtime loss at Pittsburgh, a one-point loss at Seton Hall, a three-point loss at home against Providence, and a five-point loss at Notre Dame. Yes, this is a battle-tested team that has beaten a lot of clubs a heck of a lot better than North Carolina this season. F Mouphtaou Yarou is going to cause some massive matchup problems in the paint for the Heels, and the Wildcats are going to have a field day with their guards getting to spread the floor and run with UNC as well on Friday.
The Tar Heels are a trendy pick in this game, partially thanks to the fact that the whole world wants to see Head Coach Roy Williams go against his old Kansas Jayhawks team in the second round of the tourney. There is definitely some business to tend to first, though. Even though North Carolina did make it to the ACC Tournament Final, there is a real question as to who this team has really beaten this year. Villanova isn’t the cream of the crop of the Big East, but it probably would have finished third or fourth in the ACC this year. Remember that the Tar Heels were beaten by Miami three times and Duke twice. The best win that they had all season long was probably the victory at home against UNLV, and this just as difficult of a game as that was. The small lineup for the Heels really gave fits to teams in the ACC Tournament. We know that North Carolina can get out and run the court, and the big men that it uses, namely F James Michael McAdoo, have the ability to really turn on the jets when they have some open court to work with.
Most think that this is a favorable matchup for Carolina, and we just don’t see it at all. The Tar Heels are being asked to win the type of game that they haven’t all year long, and they are drawing a team that is willing to try to run with them. That’s when UNC has had its problems this year, and it could be problematic again. There’s an upset brewing in the 8/9 game in the South. Villanova 74 – North Carolina 69