Virginia vs. Florida State Basketball Pick
College Basketball Picks
Date/Time: March 7th, 7:00 pm ET
College Basketball Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Virginia -4
Basketball Betting Game Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Virginia’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Florida State
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Virginia’s last 6 games on the road
- Virginia is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games when playing on the road against Florida State
- Virginia is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Florida State
- Virginia is 4-11-1 ATS in its last 16 games on the road
Florida State Seminoles
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Florida State’s last 5 games when playing at home against Virginia
- Florida State is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing Virginia
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Florida State’s last 10 games when playing Virginia
- Florida State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Virginia
- Florida State is 1-5-1 ATS in its last 7 games at home
NCAA Basketball Pick – March 7th
Postseason bids could be on the line on Thursday night in college basketball betting action. The Virginia Cavaliers will badly try to pick up a much needed road win against the Florida State Seminoles in Tallahassee.
The Cavaliers are sitting dab smack on the bubble right now, and they only really have themselves to blame for it. They are a solid team with great numbers when you look at things like shooting percentage, scoring average against, and some of the other core basketball stats. However, when you dig a little deeper and look at the schedule, look at the RPI, and look at some of the lousy losses that this team has suffered, it’s no wonder why UVA is going to probably need to win another three, maybe even four games to get into the field of 68. The most recent of those losses came in Chestnut Hill on Sunday at the hands of the Boston College Eagles, who are just 13-16. Do keep a close eye on both G Joe Harris and F Akil Mitchell in this one for the Hoos. These two are combining for 30.1 points per game, nearly half of what the Cavaliers are accounting for as a team.
Florida State isn’t a team that we get the chance to talk about all that often, as it is a club that really isn’t all that special. At the outset of the year, Head Coach Leonard Hamilton had a Top 25 squad, but the season started with a loss to the South Alabama Jaguars and never really got any better as things went on. Now, even an NIT bid isn’t a guarantee, and the team is going to need a win in this one to get a chance to be invited to the secondary postseason tournament. The best news for the Seminoles is that F Terrance Shannon is back in the fold after a neck injury that cost him two months of games. He remains the team’s third leading scorer at 8.2 points per game, though he had a lousy effort in limited duties in the loss to the North Carolina Tar Heels on Sunday. G Michael Snaer and F Okaro White are both capable scorers, and they are good for 26.6 points per game combined. These are the two that are going to be matched right up with Mitchell and Harris, and whichever team wins this battle is likely going to be the one that wins this game.
In the end, we just don’t think that the Cavaliers have the goods to be able to win this game on the road. Florida State isn’t a great team, but in the end, it is 7-9 and has won a lot of the games in which it was favored in. This will be another one of those games that are very winnable, and the Noles will get the job done to put perhaps the final pin in Virginia’s bubble. Florida State 62 – Virginia 57