Washington Redskins vs. Philadelphia Eagles Pick
Date/Time: December 23rd, 1:00 P.M. ET
NFL Odds from BetOnline
Point Spread: Washington -6.5
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Washington is 7-14 SU in its last 21 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Washington’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Philadelphia
- Washington is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing Philadelphia
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games when playing Philadelphia
- Philadelphia is 14-7 SU in its last 21 games when playing at home against Washington
- Philadelphia is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Washington
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 6 games
- Philadelphia is 1-9 SU in its last 10 games
NFC East rivals duke it out for the final time in 2012, and NFL betting fanatics won’t want to miss the duel in the City of Brotherly Love between the Philadelphia Eagles and the visiting Washington Redskins.
Washington knows that it holds control of its own destiny to win the NFC East title, but it is going to have to win both of these last two games to have any chance to do that in all likelihood. A single loss in these last two games probably leaves the team on the wrong side of the playoffs, though Head Coach Mike Shanahan and company have a better chance to get into the second season at 9-7 than most other team do at this point in the NFC. QB Robert Griffin III was a storyline all week long as to whether he would play or not, but he is good to go and is expected to suit. The truth of the matter is that it hasn’t made a difference as to whether it was RGIII or QB Kirk Cousins leading the way, as the team just keeps winning games and has now rolled off five in a row both SU and ATS.
The Eagles are just playing out the string at this point, and they are playing better ball on the road than they are at home. The pressure truly mounts on this team at home, especially for Head Coach Andy Reid, who has to be happy that this is almost certainly the last game that he will play in the City of Brotherly Love as the man in charge of the Eagles. Philadelphia only has one win since the end of September, and that came on the final play of the game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers two years ago. We’re not totally sure why in the heck RB LeSean McCoy is bothering to come back from a concussion at this point, but he is going to be back in the fold after missing basically a month of the campaign. McCoy does have a chance to reach 1,000 total yards for the season, but he is still 250 rushing yards shy of his third straight 1,000 yard campaign.
The Redskins have covered four of the last five games played here in Philadelphia, and the favorite is 4-0 ATS in the last four games in this series as well. That’s a heck of a lot of history on the side of the visiting team, and we have to think that Reid’s tenure with the Eagles is going to go out with a defeat. Washington 27 – Philadelphia 17
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- Mountain West Championship Game Pick: Utah State vs. Fresno State - December 6, 2013
- SEC Championship Game Pick: Missouri vs. Auburn - December 6, 2013
- Pac-12 Championship Game Pick: Stanford vs. Arizona State - December 6, 2013
- NFL Betting: NFL Matchups for Week 14 - December 6, 2013
- NBA Pick: Denver Nuggets vs. Boston Celtics - December 6, 2013