Washington vs. California Picks
College Football Picks
Date/Time: November 2nd, 9:00 pm EST
College Football Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: California -4
Football Betting Game Trends
- Washington is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games on the road
- Washington is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing California
California Golden Bears
- California is 3-7 ATS in its last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of California’s last 6 games
- California is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Washington
NCAA Football – Week 10
Two teams that are fighting just to get into a bowl game in the Pac-12 meet in college football betting action on Friday night, where the California Golden Bears meet the Washington Huskies.
Head Coach Steve Sarkisian knows that his job is safe for now, but if his club punts a bowl game this year and isn’t eligible, next season, he might start to see the smoke starting to rise from his seat. The good news in this one is that his team has a great history of playing against the Golden Bears, going 3-0 SU and ATS over the course of the last three years. QB Keith Price has really underachieved this year though, and the team really has never totally gotten on track. Last week’s win against the Oregon State Beavers came because of the defense, which held down the then No. 7 team in the land to just 17 points. QB Sean Mannion was picked off four times as well. Still, the offense couldn’t capitalize all that often, scoring just 20 points, including two offensive touchdowns. Just 293 total yards were put on the board, yet another game where the team failed to reach 300 yards in a game this year.
Coach Sark is at least in good shape right now, but if he loses this game, this might be the last time that we see Head Coach Jeff Tedford calling the shots for the Golden Bears. Tedford has been on a very hot seat over the course of the whole season, and though there have been a few wins in there, the truth of the matter is that Cal has six losses already this season, and one more will end its chances at bowl eligibility. These last two losses, a road game at the Utah Utes and a home date with the Stanford Cardinal were both bad defeats, knowing that both games were tossups in the eyes of the oddsmakers. Those are the types of games that have to go your way when you’re mediocre and are trying to reach a bowl game, but losing them and losing them by a total of 40 points just doesn’t cut it, and that’s why Tedford is in a whole mess load of trouble.
This is going to be a matter of winning one for the coach in trouble. QB Zach Maynard and the Cal offense should be a lot better than what the Huskies are bringing to the table, and as long as the hosts play up to their potential, they should be able to at least save their coach’s job for another day. California 31 – Washington 21
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- NFL Pick of the Week – 2013 Week 14 - December 4, 2013
- NBA Pick: San Antonio Spurs vs. Minnesota Timberwolves - December 4, 2013
- NHL Pick: Philadelphia Flyers vs. Detroit Red Wings - December 4, 2013
- NHL Puck-Line Power Poll as of 12/4/13 - December 4, 2013
- Week 14 NFL Odds Analysis - December 4, 2013