White Sox @ Dodgers Baseball Free Pick
Starting Pitchers: Starting Pitchers: Humber (Dodgers) vs. Billingsley (White Sox)
Date/Time: June 16th, 10:15 P.M. EST
Television: MLB Network
MLB Odds from Bookmaker
Moneyline: Moneyline: Dodgers -120 White Sox +110
MLB Betting Game Trends
Chicago White Sox
- Chi White Sox are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi White Sox’s last 5 games on the road
- Chi White Sox are 8-3 SU in their last 11 games on the road
- Chi White Sox are 11-4 SU in their last 15 games when playing LA Dodgers
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chi White Sox’s last 5 games when playing LA Dodgers
St. Louis Cardinals
- LA Dodgers are 8-3 SU in their last 11 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of LA Dodgers’s last 9 games at home
- LA Dodgers are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games at home
- LA Dodgers are 4-11 SU in their last 15 games when playing Chi White Sox
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of LA Dodgers’s last 5 games when playing Chi White Sox
Two pitchers that have had some remarkable outings this year but just haven’t been able to keep it together will meet in MLB betting action at Chavez Ravine on Saturday night, when the Chicago White Sox duke it out with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
The White Sox have overachieved this season, but over the course of the last 10 games, they really have fallen off. They have just three wins in their last 10 overall, and they have dropped three in a row after losing 7-6 on Friday night to these Dodgers. Part of the problem has been the pitching of Phil Humber of late. Humber is going to be on the mound on Saturday, and he is going to be searching for just his second win since tossing his perfect game on April 21st. Over the course of these last two starts, Humber has been an embarrassment, allowing a total of 11 runs (10 earned) over just 10.1 innings of work. For the season, in spite of a perfect game, the righty is just 2-4 with a 5.92 ERA. Without that perfect game, his ERA would be over a touchdown, and his strikeout to walk ratio wouldn’t even be 2:1. Needless to say, that isn’t going to cut it against some of the best lineups in the game, and even the worst offensive teams out there are having a field day against Humber for the most part.
Los Angeles really hadn’t been playing that well either before last night’s win. The team just dropped two out of three against its crosstown rivals, the Los Angeles Angels, and the offense scored just eight runs in those three games. Scoring seven was important for a unit that really hasn’t looked all that great without Matt Kemp in the fold. Chad Billingsley is going to hope to get back on track on Saturday night. The righty came out of the blocks like a house of fire, and after that, he went through a stretch of over a month without getting a win. Billingsley does have two victories in a row, and two good ones at that. He beat the Seattle Mariners and the Philadelphia Phillies on the road in consecutive starts coming into this one, and in those two games, the right-hander conceded just two total runs on eight hits in 14 total innings of work. Billingsley used to be a Cy Young contender each and every year, and this might be the year that he gets back to that form if he can keep it up with his 3.57 ERA and his 71 strikeouts in 75.2 innings of work.
Billingsley is certainly the better of these two pitchers, and in our eyes, the Dodgers are the better of these two teams. To have to lay just -120 at home is a bit of a joke in our eyes, and we think that in the end, this is going to be a game in which the hosts are able to run the Sox out of the building.
Chicago 3 Los Angeles 8
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- Mountain West Championship Game Pick: Utah State vs. Fresno State - December 6, 2013
- SEC Championship Game Pick: Missouri vs. Auburn - December 6, 2013
- Pac-12 Championship Game Pick: Stanford vs. Arizona State - December 6, 2013
- NFL Betting: NFL Matchups for Week 14 - December 6, 2013
- NBA Pick: Denver Nuggets vs. Boston Celtics - December 6, 2013