Wisconsin Badgers vs. Ohio State Buckeyes Pick
College Basketball Picks
Date/Time: Tuesday January 29, 7:00 pm EST
College Basketball Odds from Sportsbook.AG
Point Spread: Ohio State -6.5
Basketball Betting Game Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Wisconsin’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Ohio State
- Wisconsin is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Ohio State
- Wisconsin is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Wisconsin is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games on the road
Ohio State Buckeyes
- Ohio State is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against Wisconsin
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Ohio State’s last 11 games when playing Wisconsin
- Ohio State is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Ohio State’s last 8 games
- Ohio State is 16-1 SU in its last 17 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Ohio State’s last 6 games when playing at home against Wisconsin
NCAA Basketball Pick
The Wisconsin Badgers and Ohio State Buckeyes are tied at 5-2 in the Big Ten standings. Both of these teams have been very up and down so far this year. Michigan and Indiana are going to be tough to catch at the top of the Big Ten, so these teams know they can’t afford many more losses. Recent matchups between these two have been very hard fought games, and I expect nothing different in this one.
Bo Ryan’s Wisconsin Badgers do it the same way every year. The Badgers slow the tempo down and take care of the basketball on the offensive end. They play very good half court defense. They are also a very physical team. This year’s bunch is no different. Why should they change? Despite not getting very many top recruits, Ryan’s teams are always near the top of the Big Ten. Success breeds success at Wisconsin, and Coach Ryan has done a very good job with this program.
Jared Berggren is the most talented player on this year’s Wisconsin team. Berggren has surprisingly impressive moves in the post, and he has a smooth shot from outside as well. Ryan Evans is a focal point of the offense from the forward spot as well, but his shooting woes have really hurt the team at times this year. Evans is shooting less than 40 percent from the charity stripe. Ben Brust and Sam Dekker are both capable of lighting it up from beyond the arc. Wisconsin allows only 54.8 points per game, which is eighth best in the country.
Ohio State was only a couple plays away from playing the in the NCAA Championship last year, but the Buckeyes clearly miss Jared Sullinger and William Buford. Deshaun Thomas leads the Big Ten in scoring, but the Buckeyes haven’t been able to find a consistent second or third scoring option. Thomas is capable of lighting it up on any given night, but this team can’t be elite unless they find some more scoring options. Aaron Craft is struggling shooting the ball this year. Sam Thompson is the most athletic player on the team, but his offense needs a lot of refining. Ohio State averages 73 points per game.
The Buckeyes are very good defensively. Craft might not be scoring the way the team had hoped, but he is the best on the ball defender in the nation. The Buckeyes have length all over the floor, and opponents always have a hard time finding open looks. Ohio State has been very good on the glass this year as well. Look for the Buckeyes to try to disrupt Wisconsin’s rhythm on offense with some high pressure defense.
Free Pick: Wisconsin +6.5
Wisconsin won in Columbus last year, and the Buckeyes aren’t nearly as good as they were last season. The Buckeyes will probably win this game, but Wisconsin has a way of keeping the game very close with their style of play.
Ohio State 60 Wisconsin 56
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- NFL Week 13 Betting Trends - November 27, 2013
- College Football Week 14 Betting Trends - November 27, 2013
- Basketball Pick: Virginia Tech Hokies vs. Michigan State Spartans - November 22, 2013
- NFL Week 12 Betting Trends - November 22, 2013
- College Football Week 13 Betting Trends - November 22, 2013