Yankees @ Nationals Baseball Free Pick
Starting Pitchers: New York Yankees (Hughes) vs. Washington Nationals (Gonzalez)
Date/Time: June 15th, 7:10 PM EST
Television: MLB Network
MLB Betting Odds from Bookmaker
Moneyline: Yankees (+115) Nationals (-125)
MLB Betting Game Trends
New York Yankees
- NY Yankees are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games on the road
- NY Yankees are 6-1 SU in their last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games when playing Washington
- Washington is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Washington’s last 15 games at home
- Washington is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games when playing NY Yankees
The leaders in the AL East and the NL East are going to meet in MLB betting action on Friday night in our nation’s capitol for the start of what should be a great weekend series between the New York Yankees and the Washington Nationals.
The Bronx Bombers have quietly amassed the best record in the American League, though they know that a slip over the course of just a few days could see them all the way out of the playoff picture for the time being with as close as the league, and the AL East in specific really are. It’s going to be up to Phil Hughes to get the job done on Friday night against a lot of adversity against one of the best teams in the game. Hughes has logged back to back wins after allowing seven runs in just 5.1 innings of work against the Los Angeles Angels on May 28th. Thus far in June, Hughes has allowed just three runs and 10 hits in 15.1 innings of work, including throwing a complete game against the Detroit Tigers on June 3rd. This year, the righty has really worked on his control, and it is paying off. He has walked just 18 batters against 63 strikeouts. The problem though? He has already allowed 15 home runs as well.
There doesn’t look to be any quit in the Nats right now, as they are still dominating a very solid NL East division. The man that is going to be on the hill on Friday is Gio Gonzalez, and he is going to try to log his ninth win of the season. With an 8-2 record and a 2.35 ERA, it is clear that Gonzalez could be well on his way to the All Star Game this year. He has been mowing down batters all year long, logging 89 strikeouts in just 72.2 innings of work. Gonzalez has always had some problems with his control, and he does this year as well with 30 walks, but batters are only hitting a whopping .168 against him, and as a result, he has a WHIP of 1.00. Gonzalez does a great job of keeping the ball down, as the mass majority of the hits that he allows never really get up in the air, and the end result is that he has kept the ball in the park, allowing just one home run.
And that’s the key against the Bronx Bombers. If the Yankees can’t figure out how to put together the big inning off of Gonzalez, they are going to be in a heck of a lot of trouble. Take Washington and lay the relatively short MLB spread against a team that is consistently overrated.
New York Yankees @ Washington Nationals Pick: Washington Nationals (-125)
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- Cowboys vs. Bears Monday Night Football Prop Picks - December 9, 2013
- Mountain West Championship Game Pick: Utah State vs. Fresno State - December 6, 2013
- SEC Championship Game Pick: Missouri vs. Auburn - December 6, 2013
- Pac-12 Championship Game Pick: Stanford vs. Arizona State - December 6, 2013
- NFL Betting: NFL Matchups for Week 14 - December 6, 2013