New York Knicks vs. Los Angeles Clippers Pick
Date/Time: Sunday, March 17, 3:30 pm EST
Basketball Odds from WagerWeb
Point Spread: OFF
NBA Betting Trends
LNew York Knicks
- New York is 2-10 SU in their last 12 games when playing on the road against LA Clippers
- New York is 4-2 SU in their last 6 games when playing LA Clippers
- New York is 5-10 SU in their last 15 games when playing LA Clippers
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of New York’s last 5 games when playing LA Clippers
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of New York’s last 6 games on the road
Los Angeles Clippers
- LA Clippers are 20-5 SU in their last 25 games at home
- LA Clippers are 10-2 SU in their last 12 games when playing at home against New York
- LA Clippers are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games when playing at home against New York
- LA Clippers are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games when playing New York
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of the LA Clippers last 5 games when playing New York
The New York Knicks jumped out to a big lead in the Atlantic Division standings early this year, but their lead has been slowly evaporating little by little. Brooklyn and Boston are right there, and there is no more margins for error for the Knicks. The Clippers sit in the fourth spot in the Western Conference, but they are only 4.5 games back of the first place Spurs. Let’s take a look at this Sunday afternoon matchup on ABC.
New York is struggling of late, and you have to think at least some of that is because of injury issues. Carmelo Anthony’s injury has gotten by far the most media attention, but he isn’t the only key player for the Knicks that is dinged up. Tyson Chandler left Wednesday’s game against the Nuggets with a knee injury, and the team can’t afford to have him out for long. Chandler is the reason this team has a solid interior defense. Ama’re Stoudemire and Rasheed Wallace are both out until early May with injuries. Carmelo Anthony is day to day, and at this point it is unknown when he will return.
The Knicks defense was very solid early in the year, and that is when the team was winning games. Now, the Knicks are 18th in the NBA in field goal percentage defense. If Chandler is out for any length of time, that number will plummet even more. Offensively, this team lives and dies by the three-point shot. In Anthony, Stoudemire, Chandler, and Wallace; four of the Knicks six leading scorers are dinged up right now. Unless things turn around soon, the Knicks won’t be in first place for long.
The Los Angeles Clippers are in the news most of the time for their amazing dunks, but we can’t overlook the fact that this team is playing some very good basketball overall this season. Team chemistry seems to be much better than it was at this time last year. Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are both having great seasons, but it is some of the other guys who have really picked up their contributions and taken this team to the next level. Jamal Crawford was a big offseason pickup for the Clippers. DeAndre Jordan has stepped up his game in a big way this year. After a slow start, Lamar Odom is becoming a nice weapon off the bench as well.
The Clippers have a ton of depth, and that is a big plus over the course of an 82 game season in the NBA. While they are both known best for their dunks, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan are both shooting a ridiculously high percentage from the floor. Griffin is shooting a career high from the floor and from the three throw line. Defensively, the Clippers are fifth in the league in points per game allowed. Opponents almost never get a second shot opportunity, which is one of the main reasons this defense is so efficient.
The Knicks are in disarray right now, and the Clippers should be looking to make a statement on national television. I like the Clippers to coast to a win here.
Clippers 106 Knicks 93
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- Basketball Pick: Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Penn State Nittany Lions - February 27, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Cal Golden Bears vs. Arizona Wildcats - February 26, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Florida Gators vs. Vanderbilt Commodores - February 25, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Louisville vs. Cincinnati - February 22, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Michigan State Spartans vs. Purdue Boilermakers - February 20, 2014